Monday, 16 April 2012

Recent Progress With Etsy Shop

Over the last few days, I have been developing some pieces of artwork to list up on my new Etsy shop.  At first, I was a bit stuck on what sort of work I wanted to create.  I didn't want to just do simple, still life drawings, even though I could very easily do them without putting much thought or development into it.  I also wasn't that keen on using materials like pencil as it's not my favourite material to use.  I began with a drawing of a rosebud, done with the humble Bic biro pen.  I loved the effect of the biro and so I decided to continue using it but in more abstract, pattern based pieces of work.  What I was really pleased about with this "Thought Process' series, is that everyone who looks at them, interprets them differently and sees completely different things within the piece.  So far, I've only got two in this series, ready to sell on Etsy, (as well as some slightly older pieces of work that I'm uploading), as they take rather a long time to complete!  However, over the next few weeks and months, I plan to upload more in this series, as I do them.  I would love to get feedback on them and if anyone had any requests or custom orders that they want to put in, just do it through my Etsy shop.

Here is a preview of the work I am planning on putting up on my Etsy shop:

No comments:

Post a Comment