Sunday, 29 April 2012

The Graduate

A couple of days ago, I decided that it was time to watch the classic film, 'The Graduate', starring Dustin Hoffman, Anne Bancroft and Katharine Ross.  It was a funny, sometimes sad, brilliantly acted film that really captured my imagination.  But I think there are two 'ingredients' within this film, that have turned it into such a classic, coming of age tale;  that is, the music by Simon and Garfunkel, and the beautiful cinematography and visual stylization used within the movie.  Every shot is like a painting on its own:
Slight Spoiler Alert!!! 











Cinematographer for 'The Graduate':  Robert Surtees 
Production Design:  Richard Sylbert
Set Decoration:  Goerge R. Nelson
Costume Design:  Patricia Zipprodt

NB:  Don't forget to visit  my Etsy Shop, where I'll be selling various prints.


No comments:

Post a Comment