Friday, 12 August 2011

New Project: Silk Top

For this project, I wanted to make a top for my mum and so i decided to use an old top of her's that had a nice shape but was a bit old. I copied the pattern for it using some A2 paper that I had handy. Once I'd done the pattern, I settled on a fabric to use, deciding on a stretchy black fabric for the undertop part and the most beautiful purple silk that ended up being extremely delicate and tricky to sew!
  I used elastic for around the neckline, waist and wrists (therefore giving th sleeves a ballooning effect).

(Sorry by the way for the bad photo quality! They were taken on my phone.)







1 comment: