This is what the chair started off looking like:
After the paint had dried, I then had the laborious task of drawing out the pattern of bluebell's on the chair, making them more stylised than realistic, since the chair is for a kid. After drawing in the outlines of the bluebells, I started to paint it all in, starting with the name at the top of the chair:
I then painted in the bluebells all over the chair, as well as grass round the base of the legs. The paints I used were oil paints, which are good as they take ages to dry, and therefore, allow you to add to the painting. The only problem is........ everyone kept smudging the paints because they too so long to dry!!!
Finally, with the help of some advice from my family, I decided that, as a child's chair, it needed something bright and colourful to catch a little kid's eye, so I added some ladybirds and a big butterfly to the seat of the chair. Finally, I coated the chair with a layer of clear varnish, to protect it from the weather and I was done!!!!!
This has been my first proper blog post. Anyone out there who might happen to stumble across this on the internet, I hope you enjoyed it, and make sure to come back for more and keep track of all the other projects I do in the next few months. xx Abiola xx